We’ll support you in coupling your enthusiasm for computer science with learning about the National Curriculum framework, planning, resourcing and delivering lessons to pupils of all secondary ages and abilities.
The course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built in and students will apply for a position as a secondary school teacher during the course of their studies and teaching practice.
You won’t be dropped in the deep end. You will start by working with individual groups of pupils in school and gradually build up to the teaching of whole classes to reach the required standard of professional practice.
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
This PGCE Secondary Education with QTS – Computer Science and ICT (11-16 years) at University of Cumbria prepares you to become a specialist Secondary Computer Science and ICT teacher, trained to deliver the essential knowledge and skills that make computer science and ICT a wide-ranging, creative and exciting subject.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigating Teaching and Learning
- Investigating Teaching and Learning Across and Beyond the School Curriculum
- Developing professional skills, knowledge and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Pedagogy Secondary Education View 705 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You are welcome to apply if you have an honours degree in any ICT or computing subject at 2:2 or above, for example, networking, games design, multimedia, business and ICT. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All EU/EEA/Swiss students that start a programme in September 2021 will be eligible for an automatic Fees Discount Scholarship.The discount will be applicable to all years of their degree (3 years or 4 years). Additional information can be found on the University website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.