You will be supported by our expert tutors to plan, resource and deliver lessons to pupils of all secondary ages and abilities. This means that you will leave the course knowing how to teach effectively while also maintaining the interest and enthusiasm of your pupils.
Our PGCE Secondary Education with QTS – Chemistry (11-16 years) at University of Cumbria includes QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and we will also help you apply for a position as a secondary school teacher during the course.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Our PGCE Secondary Chemistry with QTS is fully compliant with Department for Education (DfE) requirements, meaning that you will do placements for a minimum of 120 days in two contrasting schools, giving you the essential experiences you need to pass the course and to prepare you for future employment as a teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigating Teaching and Learning
- Investigating Teaching and Learning Across and Beyond the School Curriculum
- Developing professional skills, knowledge and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Chemistry Natural Sciences View 117 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification in biology, chemistry or physics, depending on your chosen specialism, is required. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
- Evidence of motivation and appropriate professional values.
- IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all four elements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU to be confirmed
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All EU/EEA/Swiss students that start a programme in September 2021 will be eligible for an automatic Fees Discount Scholarship.The discount will be applicable to all years of their degree (3 years or 4 years). Additional information can be found on the University website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.