How can the study of linguistics and literature provide insight into our sense of reality, identity and value systems and develop our understanding of the role of languages in the world and in the mind? The English programme at University of Agder comprises courses in English language and linguistics, as well as in British and American literature and culture.
Students can specialise in either linguistics or literature, defining their own research projects under supervision. We offer courses in both theoretical and experimental linguistics, as well as in early modern and modern literature.
In the linguistic courses, there will be advanced training in the analysis of language structure and experimental psycholinguistic approaches to the investigation of language processing.
- Research Methodologies for Language, Linguistics and Translation
- Selected Topics in English Linguistic
- Bilingualism: Second language production and perception
- Phonology - theoretical and experimental topics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 12 other Masters in Language Studies in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Agder and/or in Norway, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The general requirement is completed bachelor’s degree, cand.mag.degree, or other degree or vocational education with a scope of minimum 3 years’ duration.
- Academic basis: completed and passed major subject in English with no less than 80 credits. The major subject must include at least 30 credits in language/linguistics and at least 30 credits in literature.
- A weighted, average grade of C or better is required, see Regulations concerning admission to programmes and courses at the University of Agder, § 24. The grade requirement is calculated from the grades included in the academic basis described in subsection 1.
- Weighted grade average is calculated from the academic basis as described in subsection 1. Ranking of applicants is done according to Regulations concerning admission to programmes and courses at the University of Agder, § 25.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at UiA.
- Semester fee NOK 485
Living costs for Kristiansand
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.