Quantitative Finance at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) is implemented with participation of professors from leading international universities and experts from industry.
Fundamental background & Practical skills in the following fields:
- understanding the modern financial theory;
- knowledge of asset pricing and risk management;
- programming skills in Matlab and Python;
- awareness of numerical methods in finance;
- experience of econometric modeling in Stata.
Why should you choose this program?
- You will be aware of the latest trends in the financial sector;
- You will have knowledge of decreasing risks and applying appropriate tools in different situations;
- You will gain an understanding of the technical aspects used in financial markets: from the financial theory to showing various applications of the theoretical concepts;
- You will get necessary skills and experience of econometric modeling as well as programming;
- You also have opportunity to apply to 6-month international internship at one of the partner universities.
- History and Methodology of Science
- Digital resources in scientific research
- Foundations of Econometrics
- Economic Theory
- Financial economics
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- August 01 – for applicants from countries with visa regime
- August 20 – for applicants from visa-free countries
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 20 other Masters in Finance in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s or specialist’s degree diploma/certificate with the list of grades.
- Language requirements:
- Level of Russian proficiency B1 (for Russian-taught programs)
- Level of English proficiency B1 (for English-taught programs)
- Official language certificates are not required. In case you have a language certificate, you can submit it with the other application documents.
- International passport valid minimum for 2 years from the start of an academic year (September 01).
International4513 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4513 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4513 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4513 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 334 600 Rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.