The Postgraduate Certificate in Genomic Medicine at the University of Cambridge has been developed by the University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education and Cambridge University Hospitals in partnership with Wellcome Sanger Institute, Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences, and EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute.
This is a part-time course designed to fit with the demands of full-time employment. The course is delivered through a combination of face-to-face sessions requiring attendance in Cambridge, self-directed learning and supported through a virtual learning environment [VLE].
Aims of the programme
- To provide professionally relevant teaching and learning informed by research in an integrated clinical and research environment;
- To develop and create a cohort of doctors and other professionals allied to medicine able to pursue and develop their roles in a rapidly-changing and challenging environment of genomic medicine;
- To prepare healthcare professionals for the adoption of genomic technologies and the increasing use of genomic information as part of the diagnostic and treatment pathway;
- To develop a cohort of doctors and other professionals allied to medicine with the confidence to lead service improvement for safe and high-quality patient care, and with the required knowledge, skills and capability to have a positive personal impact on the work of others;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students must complete four modules.
Examples of modules include:
- Omics techniques and their application to genomic medicine
- Bioinformatics, interpretation and data quality assurance in genome analysis
- Application of genomics in infectious disease
- Molecular pathology of cancer and application in cancer diagnosis, screening, and treatment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Management View 278 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are normally expected to a hold a 2i degree or higher from a UK university or an equivalent from an overseas university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12536 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12536 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.