- We offer two routes - one for existing teaching practitioners seeking to develop their professional skills and one for those wanting to enter a career in language teaching
- In the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) programme at The University of Exeter, you will benefit from small class sizes and working closely with our academic staff and your fellow students
- You’ll join a multicultural and multilingual environment with students from across the world such as China, Mexico, USA, South Korea, Kapan and Thailand
- We offer the opportunity to gain hands-on experience by undertaking visits to local language schools in Exeter
A Masters in TESOL has international recognition and is seen as an important professional qualification worldwide to enable TESOL teachers to enhance their career prospects. In particular it is often seen as an important entry qualification for educators who want to work at University level.
In addition, depending on the modules taken, completing the MEd TESOL can help you move into new areas such as:
- teacher education and training
- English for special purposes
- materials development
- teaching English to young learners
Our MEd also offers excellent preparation for progression to PhD or professional doctorate (EdD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Awareness for TESOL
- Preparing for TESOL Inquiry and Dissertation and
- Principles of Language Learning for TESOL
- Developing Practical Knowledge for TESOL Teaching
- Foreign Language Testing and Assessment
- Developing an Appropriate Language Teaching Methodology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to enable time for your application to be considered,
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 853 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
For admission to the programme we would normally expect that you hold a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in language- or education-related disciplines. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant teaching experience, we would welcome your application.
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK/EU fees per yearMEd
- £9,200 full-time
- £4,600 part-time
- £5,900 full-time
- £2,950 part-time
- £3,000 full-time
- £1,500 part-time
- £19,500 full-time
- £12,700 full-time
- £6,350 part-time
- £6,400 full-time
- £3,200 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.