- The subject areas you will study are underpinned by internationally recognised research, with a diverse range of optional modules allied to our research expertise.
- You will be taught in an outstanding teaching and learning environment, as recognised through the awarding of a Gold rating in the UK Government’s first national Teaching Excellence Framework.
- The majority of the programme is based at St Luke’s Campus, providing a unique collaborative setting and range of facilities. The campus culture has a focus on research in exercise and health, with thriving societies in Sport and Health Sciences and Sport and Exercise Medicine .
- Your peers will include a diverse mix of students, such as graduates of sport and health sciences, medical sciences, physiotherapy, medicine and other health care professions.
This Sport and Exercise Medicine programme at The University of Exeter is designed to provide you with a more in-depth level of understanding and a sound basis in research and analytical skills in relation to sport and exercise medicine. It also develops a sound understanding of the disciplines that constitute the sports and exercise science support services to sports and health organisations.
Employers will be able to recognise the advanced knowledge and in-depth understanding and skills within the specialised area of sport and exercise medicine, which has professional and technical demands, as well as academic. For example, the ability to analyse factors related to injury that have been developed by researchers, and to understand how these factors relate to the applied and clinical setting. Also, a flexible approach to work such that an understanding of how sports and exercise medicine can be applied via an inter-disciplinary approach, to advance clinical skills in sports medicine, is promoted.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Challenges in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Orthopaedic Challenges in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Preparation, Pitch, Rehabilitation
- Research Methods and Analytical Procedures
- Research Design
- Systematic Reviews for Policy and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 966 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Typically 2:1 or above in a related discipline. Related disciplines may include: Exercise and Sport Science, Sport and Exercise Medicine, Physiotherapy, Medical Sciences, Medicine, Human Biosciences.
- Please note that for the optional module Sport and Exercise Medicine Placement and, in some circumstances, research projects as part of a dissertation, students will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
£6,500 part-timeInternational fees per year:
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.