Passionate about helping children to be the very best they can be from the very start of their academic life? Learn to spark their wisdom and trigger their imagination, inspiring them for life by becoming a primary school teacher.
You’ll learn through theory and plenty of first-hand experience how to work within the National Curriculum framework and confidently devise and deliver interesting lessons to engage young minds across a broad spectrum of subjects in primary school.
And, because our course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built-in, you can apply for a position as a primary school teacher the minute you graduate.
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
This PGCE General Primary with QTS (5-11) course at University of Cumbria can lead to a fulfilling career as a primary teacher, with QTS built-in to enable you to go straight into work. Nine out of 10 of our graduates go into a professional teaching career or further education within six months of graduating.
As this is a PGCE, it also includes some work at masters level, leading to 60 credits that can count towards an MA in Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Professional Understanding
- Enhancing Professional Practice
- Being a Teacher
- Learning Teaching and Subject Knowledge
- Subject Knowledge and Pedagogy
- Cumbria Teacher of Reading
- Beginning Professional Practice (placement module)
- Developing Professional Practice (placement module)
- Extending Professional Practice (placement module)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Pedagogy View 735 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a first degree, or its equivalent with a minimum of 2:2 honours.
Three GCSEs at minimum grade C/4 or above to include English language, mathematics and science (including biology, chemistry or physics).
A satisfactory academic (university) reference AND a satisfactory professional reference if more than three years since academic study
The ability to discriminate key ideas and express arguments
All candidates must demonstrate professional suitability through interview and must obtain medical and enhanced DBS clearance according to established university procedures
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Automatic tuition fee discount applied for all EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, currently resident in Europe, who will be commencing their studies in 2022/23. The scholarship will reduce the level of tuition fees that are payable from the Overseas tuition rate to the Home / UK tuition fee . If the course is of more than one year's duration the scholarship will be applied each year for the duration of the degree programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.