It is carried out in full-time form and the standard study period is five years. The aim of education in the master's degree program in Pharmacy is to prepare graduates to practice the medical profession of pharmacist. The study ends with a state final examination, which includes the defense of a diploma thesis. The Pharmacy program from Masaryk University enables students to choose a higher degree of specialization and adaptation to individual interests by choosing compulsory and optional subjects. The content of education is governed by the requirements of EU Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications.
General definition of the employment of graduates of the Pharmacy program from Masaryk University:
- pharmacist in pharmacy care facilities
- clinical pharmacist in hospitals, or other medical facilities
- bioanalysts in medical laboratories
- specialist in laboratories for research, development and control of medicinal products
- specialist in pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution companies
- academic / researcher in academia and other institutions involved in science, research, development and innovation
- specialist in health management structures
- expert / researcher in the chemical, food and cosmetic industries
- an expert / consultant in the non-profit sector involved in the protection, promotion and development of the health of individuals and specific groups of the population
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- There are two compulsory practical trainings. One internship in a pharmacy lasts 2 weeks and is taken in 3rd year of study. Students apply theoretical knowledge gained during the previous studies in the real environment of pharmacy practice.
- In the last semester of their studies, students undertake another compulsory 6-month pharmacy internship, which is integral part of study.
- During the practical training the student participates in the everyday work of the pharmacy, such as client service, control and evaluation as well as information about drugs, preparation of extemporaneously prepared drugs.
- The student is also given an insight into the co-operation between the various staff groups at the pharmacy, and into the organisation and finances pharmacy.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Health Sciences View 3 other Masters in Pharmacy in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for study in follow-up Master’s degree programmes must prove they completed higher education in the Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral degree programme.
The application consists of the following documents:
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- verified copy of High School Leaving Certificate with the original Apostille/Superlegalization.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 60 months.
EU/EEA7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.