Why Study Creativity and Arts in Social and Health Fields with Us?
Creativity and different ways to express it, as well as cultural activities and arts related experiences, belong to all people as part of a good and meaningful life.
Upon graduation, students are able to reflect in a new way on the importance of creativity in human life and to reconstruct working practices from this perspective. The studies are designed to combine expertise from different fields locally and internationally, as well as to strengthen multidisciplinary and international collaboration skills of professionals.
What Will You Study?
The content of the Creativity and Arts in Social and Health Fields (CRASH) programme from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences is based on development processes (multidisciplinary project, research methodology studies and thesis), advanced-level professional studies in the theme of creativity, culture, art and well-being, as well as elective studies.
Future Career Prospects
The graduates are professionals in using creativity and arts in social and health fields. They are able to utilize the opportunities of creativity to support people's lives and well-being, promote the realization of cultural rights, evaluate the effectiveness of activities as well as reconstruct professional practices, structures and thinking.
This education alone doesn’t provide professionals from the field of culture a qualification to work in the regulated professions in social and health fields. Please note that the Finnish translation of the degree in the certificate will be one of the following:
- Konservaattori (ylempi AMK)
- Kulttuurituottaja (ylempi AMK)
- Medianomi (ylempi AMK)
- Muotoilija (ylempi AMK)
- Muusikko (ylempi AMK)
- Musiikkipedagogi (ylempi AMK)
- Vestonomi (ylempi AMK)
The Master's degree in Creativity and Arts in Social and Health Fields CRASH provides strong competences to act as a developer, innovator, expert and leader in using creativity and arts in various operating environments in social and health fields. It also gives you competences to work in expert positions in the social and health sector as well as in the field of arts and culture, both nationally and internationally. In working life, you can act as a bold innovator of multidisciplinary practices in solutions related to health, well-being, creativity and inclusion.
- Creativity, Culture, Arts and Well-being – Advanced-level Studies
- Creativity, Health and Well-being
- Multidisciplinary Dialogue in Reconstructing Professional Knowledge
- Developing the Use of Creativity and Arts in Promoting Well-being
- Multidisciplinary Co-creation Project
- Research Methods and Skills
- Master’s Thesis
- Electives Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- the final diploma/certificate or an interim certificate on graduation issued by the educational institution from those who have already completed their qualifications
- the final diploma/certificate or an interim certificate on graduation issued by the educational institution from those whose qualifications are yet to be completed
- Work certificates (must indicate details such as the exact start and end dates of employment, the employer’s contact information, work duties, as well as working hours for part-time work), other documents such as contracts of employment, CV etc. are not considered.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.