Learn how to teach science and biology to 11 to 16-year-olds and, by arrangement, 16-18-year-olds with these Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)-accredited academic sessions at London Met and hands-on practical experience at our partnership schools. You’ll learn how to improve your pupils’ love of this biology through the latest teaching methods and principles.
Trainees on our PGCE Secondary Science with Biology course at London Metropolitan University attain high results, with 95% achieving an Ofsted good or outstanding grade by the end of the course.
Where this course can take you
This intensive PGCE leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), which enables you to teach biology to 11 to 16-year-olds. Our trainees have gone on to secure secondary teacher roles at schools including Ark Academy, Harris Girls Academy and more. You’ll have the same opportunities for employment upon successful completion of the course.
This course is accredited by the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Studies
- Professionalism and Inclusive Practice
- School Experience to Progress Point
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Teaching View 443 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- a UK degree, preferably grade 2.2 or equivalent, in Biology or relevant degrees including geology, metallurgy, chemical engineering and forensic science
- literacy and numeracy tests — these are university-based tests, which you will be asked to undertake at your interview
- a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate and Confirmation of Fitness to Teach (eg a London Metropolitan University Health Check) - you will be advised to apply for these after an offer is made
- GCSE English and Mathematics grade C (grade 4 from 2017) or above (or equivalent)
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.