Our Biomedical Studies (Distance Learning) MSc at London Metropolitan University is delivered online via our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Weblearn so you can sign up for one module at a time, allowing you to stay flexible and maintain your work commitments.
Members of the academic staff are often ex-practitioners of biomedical science, and you’ll find many of our researchers and staff members are conducting cutting-edge research. The team is also involved in an active biomedical science research group covering areas such as immunology, haematology, microbiology and biochemistry.
After the course
Successful completion of these modules has helped our graduates to be considered for promotion at work, usually within biomedical science environments for employers such as the National Health Service (NHS).
If you have two years of relevant professional experience, you’ll also be able to apply for membership of the IBMS.
All modules on this course are accredited by the IBMS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- +Advanced Immunology (core, 20 credits)▼
- +Bioethics, Research and Grant Proposal (core, 20 credits)▼
- +Research Project (Biomedical Science) (core, 60 credits)▼
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
UCAS Extra deadline is 4 July.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biochemistry View 33 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- a first or second class honours first degree (or equivalent) in biomedical or life sciences subjects (that included appropriate biomedical content), although other subjects may be considered
- Lower grades, or non-degree qualifications supplemented by substantial work experience, may be considered at the interview stage.
- You may be able to convert from less relevant BSc routes by undertaking study in appropriate subjects. See the Accelerated study section for more details.
International670 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 GBP per module during 24 months.
National670 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 GBP per module during 24 months.
- UK: £670 per 10 credit module, £910 per 20 credit module, with exceptions
- Int:£670 per 10 credit module, £910 per 20 credit module, with exceptions
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.