In an increasingly digital world, organisations now need evidence based reports to inform decisions and organise the vast amounts of data from multiple sources.
About this programme
This part technical course, MSc in Business Analytics from Trinity College Dublin, will focus on the application of modern operational research and management science techniques to solve business problems and support management decisions. Gain a wide range of capabilities including technical skills, business knowledge and advanced problem solving methods. Students will be introduced to various analytic frameworks like CRISP-DM and gather an understanding of the rising global legislation in the area of data management. In the final term students can choose to complete an industry project to gain real business experience or pursue a dissertation on a topic of their choosing.
Data analytics has become a critical and in-demand skill as business becomes increasingly digital, students will be equipped for careers in all business sectors such as government, healthcare, education, transportation and many others where decisions and policies need to be supported but data-based evidence. Business analytics professionals can gain employment in a variety of roles such as Operations Analysts, Data Scientist, Management Consultant, Financial Analyst and Project Associate.
“The rise of data driven businesses, backed by new data sources like social media, Internet of Things, Blockchain have ensured that the future of management belongs to data literate managers. The program has been designed building on my experience of running business analytics programs in multiple countries. It aims to train students in technical aspects like predictive and prescriptive analytics along with business applications like marketing, finance and supply chain to be ready for future of managerial jobs”.
Programme director Ashish Kumar Jha
Features & Benefits
- Highly interactive lessons with opportunities to develop presentation skills, analyse real life case studies and work in group assignments.
- International network. Study alongside students from all over the world.
- Hands on approach for skills development. Expertise development in industry relevant tools like R and Tableau.
- Strong industry and partnership approach. Many of our guest speakers come from top tech firms nearby.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This one year programme delivers 12 core modules designed to build your knowledge and understanding of Business Analytics. Modules may include
- Foundations of Business Analytics
- Data Management and Visualization
- Business Data Mining
- Business Forecasting
- Strategy for Analytics
- Ethical and Privacy Issues in Business Data
- Business Decision Optimization
- Marketing research and Analytics
- Financial Modelling and Analysis
- Operation Analytics
- Social Media Analysis
- Big Data and AI in Business
- Curriculum subject to change
- Research Project
A research project will allow you to showcase the knowledge you have gained and enhance your career potential by specialising in a particular area.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems Data Science & Big Data View 15 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Ireland
- A minimum 2.1 honours degree or international equivalent. If you have yet to complete your degree, submit your most recent transcripts. If your transcript is not in English, please also supply a certified translation;
- Two academic referees;
- Work experience (optional);
- An English competency exam (see below for accepted qualifications);
- A GMAT score may be requested in certain cases but is not required upon application
International20100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20100 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA14950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14950 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.