This specialization emphasizes improving, modifying and designing desalination and water treatment systems using mostly membrane-based methods. The Hydrology and Water Quality - Desalination and Water Treatment program is offered by the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
Research topics include the engineering of membranes for water (sea, brackish and wastewater) treatment and improving the energy efficiency of membrane-based water treatment methods.
Additional directly-related topics include the chemistry of membranes tailored for specific types of water and special treatment methodology, membrane modification and new membrane development, and the pre- and post-treatment of water in desalination plants.
Basic research is conducted on interactions between organic and inorganic compounds, as well as on colloids associated with reverse osmosis membranes, membrane treatment for contaminated groundwater, and membrane-based wastewater (municipal and industrial) treatment.
Further topics address fundamental research on the interactions between bacteria and surfaces (particularly membrane surfaces), as well as understanding the mechanisms of biofilm formation to eliminate the biofouling of membrane-based water reclamation systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering of membranes for water
- Treatment and improving the energy efficiency of membrane
- Water treatment methods
- Membrane modification and new membrane development
- The pre- and post-treatment of water in desalination plants
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Natural Sciences Natural Resource Management View 5 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Israel
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A B.Sc. degree in either science or engineering from an accredited institution.
- A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their B.Sc. degree in a program taught in English.
- Applicants are expected to contact by e-mail one or more potential supervisors with whom they would like to work on their thesis
International5118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5118 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.