At Desert Studies - Environmental Studies from the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, this track of study provides a unique academic perspective on the human and built environment in arid regions. The Desert Studies - Environmental Studies program is offered by the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
Combining expertise in desert architecture and urban planning and the social sciences (sociology,anthropology, economics and policy studies), faculty and students examine the contemporary challenges of sustainable development, situating local case studies within regional and global contexts.
- Architectural Design in Desert Environments
- Urban Design in Desert Environments
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Disaster Management in Drylands
- Gender and Feminism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences Urban Planning View 6 other Masters in Environmental Management in Israel
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For most specializations in Desert Studies, applicants should hold a B.Sc. degree in either science or engineering from an accredited institution. For the Environmental Studies specialization, applicants should hold a B.Sc., a B.A., or a B.Arch. degree from an accredited institution.
- A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their Bachelor's degree in a program taught in English.
- Applicants are expected to contact by e-mail one or more potential supervisors with whom they would like to work on their thesis
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.