Sports Physiology and Medicine at Örebro University provides thorough knowledge on physiological aspects related to cardiovascular, metabolic, muscular and cellular adaptations to acute and long-term exercise. It provides theoretical and practical knowledge on current physiological, histological and biochemical methods used in the field of sports physiology and medicine. The programme also provides transferable skills, including training in manuscript and research proposal writing and in oral scientific presentations.
Part of the programme is carried out in cooperation with the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences (NIH) in Oslo. This international collaboration further reinforces the scientific quality of this Master's programme and offers the students the possibility to address a broad range of current research issues in the field of exercise physiology and sports medicine.
The content of this master is a unique opportunity to prepare students for doctoral studies in the field of exercise physiology and sports medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research methods in Sport Sciences
- Exercise Physiology at Molecular Level
- Molecular Biological Methods in Exercise Physiology
- Physiological Methods in Exercise Physiology
- Concepts in Nutrition and Physical Activity for Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Research Overview and Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 14 other Masters in Public Health in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first-cycle qualification comprising at least 180 credits, of which at least 90 credits are for specialised study in one of the main fields of study sport science, physiotherapy, medicine, or biomedical laboratory science.
- The applicant must also have qualifications corresponding to the course "English 6" or course "English B" from the Swedish Upper Secondary School.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33854 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33854 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first instalment: 87644 SEK
- Total fee: 350500 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.