Expedition and Wilderness Medicine at Diploma MSc is specifically designed for healthcare professionals who aim to fulfil the role of an expedition medic or otherwise specialise in Expedition and Wilderness Medicine.
The successful completion of this course will enable graduates to:
- Apply evidence-based clinical skills and knowledge to minimise risk and maximise health before, during and after expeditions.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide sound clinical and situational judgement in environments prone to rapid change and uncertain outcomes.
- Develop skills and knowledge to anticipate, plan for and treat common and potential health problems which may arise on expeditions.
- Gain lifelong learning and advanced problem-solving skills that they can apply within the field of expedition medicine.
- Apply the knowledge, approaches and skills gained within expedition medicine to wider emergency situations.
- Deliver leadership to teams in multi-agency, multi-cultural and/or international contexts.
- Become leaders in the field of Expedition and Wilderness Medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Preparation for Expeditions
- Polar and Mountain Healthcare Considerations
- Healthcare Application in Ocean, River and Water Settings
- Healthcare in Desert and Tropical Environments
- Treating Common Medical Problems in an Expedition and Wilderness Setting
- Applying Expedition Medicine to Natural Disaster and Relief Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 476 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- Applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.