- One-year Master's program focusing on European and International law
- Program can be done in English and/or German
- Six modules are offered: Module 1: European Integration and Modules 2-6 with the study units European Economic Law, Foreign Trade and Investment, International Dispute Resolution and European, International Protection of Human Rights and IT Law (from Winter Semester 2019/2020 on, initially only in German)
- Title “Master of Laws” (LL.M.)
- Saarland University's Students can obtain up to two specializations in addition to their Master's degree, i.e. to obtain an LL.M. degree in International Dispute Resolution or European and International Protection of Human Rights
- Highly qualified specialists from the academic and business world
- Practice-oriented teaching combined with excellence in academic training
- 75 students from 40 countries
- Soft Skills trainings
- Excursions to European and international institutions
- Intensive support from the Europa-Institut team
- Access to an international network via our Alumni Association EVER e.V.
- Excellent preparation for the European and international job market
The Europa-Institut was thoroughly examined and certified by the ACQUIN agency within the context of the system accreditation of Saarland University.The program accreditation states that the Europa-Institut offers both excellent research opportunities and excellent quality in teaching.
- The program offers one basic module (Module 1) and five specialization modules (Module 2 - 6). Module 7 includes writing the Master's thesis.
Young academics from all over the world.
More than 70 lecturers teach at the Europa-Institut. In addition to professors from Saarbrücken, guest professors, lecturers from many countries as well as EU officials from the Commission, Council, Parliament and the Court of Justice of the European Union teach at our Institute. In addition, there are leading personalities from the fields of justice, business, administration and politics. (406)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The program starts in the Winter Semester (usually in October) each year
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 15 other Masters in International Law in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The requirements for admission to the LL.M. program "European and International Law" at the Europa-Institut are as follows
- a university degree in law or in a comparable subject (business studies, humanities) from a German or foreign university and
- proof of sound knowledge of German and/or English
International5600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEA5600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per semester during 12 months.
2,800 Euro per semester, one year program
Living costs for Saarbrücken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.