Science and industry today have a very broad range of demands. To meet these requirements, the Polymer Science MSc course offers you interdisciplinary training in chemistry, physics, and material science. These different subjects are offered by instructors at the four participating universities (University of Potsdam, Free University Berlin, Humboldt University Berlin, and Technical University Berlin) so that you can develop a sufficiently deep understanding of the individual subject areas.
Laboratory internships allow you to explore a number of current research topics. The physical, chemical, and technical foundations are taught using examples from polymer research.
The Master’s Program in Polymer Science is research-oriented and taught entirely in English. You will acquire the skills needed to apply scientific methods and findings to produce and interpret research results, and you will learn how to communicate these results to others. Apart from this general qualification that is necessary for all areas of polymer science, this program offers you the opportunity to specialize in one of the subject areas of polymer physics, chemistry, or technology, thus sufficiently covering the variety of scientific and economic activities in this area.
- Advanced Macromolecular Chemistry
- Polymer Synthesis and Characterization Laboratory
- Polymer Characterization
- Polymerization Technology
- Polymer Processing and Surface Science of Polymers
- Functional Polymers and Colloids
- Physical and Technical Applications of Polymers
- Colloids and Biopolymers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Physics View 45 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The general prerequisite for enrolling in a Master’s program is a first academic degree that qualifies you for a profession, e.g., a Bachelor’s degree. For the Master’s in Polymer Science, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in one of the natural sciences.
- In addition, you must demonstrate good knowledge of English, which must be demonstrated with a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 out of 9 points or a minimum TOEFL score of 510 points out of 677 total/ 225 of 300 total/ 90 of 120 total, respectively.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 280 Euros per semester administrative fee
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.