You will be taught by active researchers, working at the cutting-edge in their respective fields, who are also experienced professional practitioners, giving specialist advice and in-house training to government departments and banks and firms in the City of London. This MSc Banking and Finance program at Birkbeck, University of London is challenging and demanding, so you should demonstrate strong intellectual ability in your application and be willing to work hard.
- This programme combines a high level of academic rigour with a solid grounding in practical problem-solving skills.
- Birkbeck's Department of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics brings together research and teaching across economics and finance, mathematics and statistics in a single department, which creates significant interdisciplinary synergies.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue a career in banking and finance, the public sector, industry, and research and analysis. Possible professions include financial risk analyst, economist, or purchasing manager. This degree can also be useful in becoming a management consultant or actuary.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometrics of Financial Markets
- Financial Markets
- Financial Markets, Banking and Regulation
- Mathematics for Finance
- Asset Management
- Contemporary issues in Financial Reporting for Complex Entities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you enough time to complete the admissions process
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 131 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Usually a first- or second-class degree, or its equivalent, in either a directly relevant or a quantitative subject.
- In some circumstances, students will be admitted with a degree at less than second-class honours level, provided that their subsequent work experience and/or education and training is deemed to have brought them to an equivalent standard.
- Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13320 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.