New analytical techniques deliver ever more data about genes, proteins, metabolites and the interactions between them. There is a high demand across the life sciences for trained bioinformaticians who can turn this data into useful information and new biological knowledge.
Specifically designed for students with bioscience backgrounds, this masters programme teaches you specialised skills needed to manage and manipulate datasets, including computer programming, data analysis and statistics.
During your studies you'll have access to support at every stage in your degree, including one-to-one academic guidance, tailored workshops, and external guest speakers. Graduates of this Bioinformatics programme at Queen Mary University of London are well-placed to progress onto PhD research or careers in industry, consultancy and conservation.
Graduates from this course have progressed to:
- Software Engineer/Bioinformatician at European Bioinformatics Institute
- Informatics Assistant at Blizard Institute
- PhD Student at Queen Mary University of London
- Bioinformatics PhD Researcher at UCL Cancer Institute
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioinformatics Research Project
- Genome Bioinformatics
- Coding for Scientists
- Post-Genomic Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics Software Development Group Project
- Statistics for Bioinformaticians
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics View 114 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in Biology or a relevant natural sciences subject.
- Applicants with a good 2:2 degree may be considered on an individual basis.
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home and EU: £6,500
- International: £12,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.