Why choose this course at UAL Creative Computing Institute
- High-quality research informed teaching: the Internet Equalities programme from University of the Arts London (UAL) is significantly informed by the research themes of the UAL Creative Computing Institute (CCI)
- Critical engagement with technology: engagement with creative practice will also build your ability to self-reflect and think critically about your role in shaping the world
- Institute Environment: you will have access to purpose-built facilities and technical support, and exposure to creative computing research
Students from this course will be well positioned to enter industry as practitioners who can build more equitable products and businesses, or pursue a research career through PhD progression in this area.
Graduates will be:
- Empathetic and care about social issues
- Equipped with design frameworks to address social issues
- Equipped to do advocacy/policy work
- Critical thinkers
- Creative practitioners
- Intersectional Internets
- Methods for ethical technology development
- Feminist computational practices
- Computational Inequalities
- Designing for Responsible Innovation
- Human Rights and Computation
- Platform Potentials
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The deadline has passed. However, this course will remain open until places have been filled. We recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Human Computer Interaction Digital Communication View 79 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in United Kingdom
Educational level may be demonstrated by:
- Honours degree (as above).
- Possession of equivalent qualifications in a design-related or creative discipline.
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required. Your experience is assessed as a learning process and tutors will evaluate that experience for currency, validity, quality and sufficiency.
- Or a combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning which, taken together, can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
- Applicants without the required qualifications, but with professional experience may be eligible to gain credit for previous learning and experience through the AP(E)L system.
International23610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23610 GBP per year during 15 months.
National11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 15 months.
- Home fee: £9,240
- International fee: £18,890
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.