Machines have enabled many imposing and magnificent ideas and have facilitated a multitude of challenging functions. Machine science and its traditional findings form the basis for other engineering sciences.
Machine science is characterised by a strong desire to think differently and effect change in the world.
The Master's Programme in Mechanical Engineering from LUT University offers several unique multi-disciplinary specialisation packages, such as digital engineering, industrial design, hybrid materials and additive manufacturing, which support traditional mechanical engineering.
The programme offers graduates excellent career prospects in a broad field of mechanical engineering-related industries and provides an excellent foundation for those wishing to undertake doctoral studies.
The programme aims to give to students both strong professional know-how in mechanical engineering and good leadership and management skills for industrial positions.
Graduates typically build careers as e.g.
- design managers
- production managers
- experts in a specific area of mechanical engineering
- researchers or scientists
- project managers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You will build your own study plan from the following specialisations:
- digital engineering
- robotics and mechatronics
- laser processing and additive manufacturing
- welding production and metallurgy
- steel structures
- composites and hybrid materials
- industrial design engineering
- sustainable manufacturing processes.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The next rolling admission is 1 November 2021 − 31 May 2022.
- The next regular admission is 1 December 2021 − 19 January 2022.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Degrees Completed Worldwide (excluding Finland)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University - All countries
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences - EU/EEA countries
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lappeenranta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.