The highly interdisciplinary field of Marine Science aims to understand the biology, chemistry, geology and physics of this dynamic system so central to all our lives. It also considers the overarching influence of climate change and how policy can be brought to bear on managing the resources of the ocean as part of the Blue Economy.
- The International Marine Science course at Heriot-Watt University has two mandatory courses in Oceanography and GIS for Marine and Environmental Scientists, and offers a wide variety of options with maximum flexibility, allowing students to pursue their studies according to their academic interests.
- This course also offers students incredible opportunities during their MSc to work extensively with academics in active research groups, often leading to co-authorship on peer-reviewed publications.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Marine Renewable Energy Technology
- Marine Resources and Sustainability
- Climate Change, Sustainability and Adaptation
- Diversity of Marine Organisms
- Marine Ecotoxicology
- Environmental Processes
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesMarine Studies View 46 other Masters in Marine Studies in United Kingdom
- Minimum of 2:2 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a related subject area
- For postgraduate conversion courses, non-related degrees will be considered
- Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered
International22912 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22912 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9120 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.