This online PG Cert Nursing will introduce you to modern healthcare principles as well as management and leadership styles. You will also gain an understanding of the importance of evidence-based decision-making and consistent approaches to patient care. Upon completion of your studies, you will have the opportunity to advance onto our PG Dip or Masters programme.
PG Cert Nursing teaching methods
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live Q&As.
PG Cert Nursing assessment methods
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to go to external test centres; instead you will submit written assignments through the VLE. For the few courses where exams are required, we use a virtual system which allows you to take academically rigorous exams from the comfort of your own home.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for end of year exams
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the VLE
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
PG Cert Nursing career prospects
This PG Cert Nursing will help you to progress from wholly clinical roles to middle and senior management positions within nursing. Potential job titles may include: Ward Manager, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Senior Staff Nurse or Nursing Officer.
On successful completion of this course, you will also be able to progress onto our PG Dip or MSc Nursing programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study the following modules on the PG Cert Nursing:
- Professional Practice Portfolio
- Evidence-based Decision Making in Practice
- Healthcare Management: Principles and Practices
- Applied Pathophysiology and Pharmacology in the Management of Disease
- Health Promotion
- Healthcare Leadership in Practice
- Diabetes: Prevention, Care and Management
- Principles and Practices of Pain Management
- Meeting the Needs of Vulnerable Patients
- Infection Prevention and Quality Improvement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
- Regular optional meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 445 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
At University of Essex Online, we believe that everyone should be able to access education. That is why we offer two different entry routes onto our PG Cert Nursing, which consider academic or work-based experience.
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
Work experience entry route (if not eligible see academic entry route)
You must meet the following criteria:
at least three years’ post-qualification work experience as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board, supported by appropriate references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3741 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3741 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
National3741 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3741 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
This fee excludes any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where applicable, the University is required to add the sales tax.
Our PG Cert Nursing tuition fee includes all teaching materials and required reading, and there aren’t any hidden charges for assessments or resits.
- Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
- Full payment discount if you pay the full course fee upfront.
- A range of scholarships are available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria.**
- Postgraduate student loans are available in England for the full Masters degrees only.
Please note that you can only apply for a maximum of two discounts or scholarships.
** To find out whether you’re eligible for our scholarships contact University of Essex Online’s Admissions team.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.