At the University of Pécs , Faculty of Humanities you may study Andragogy/Adult Education as a Single Honours degree. Our graduates develop their knowledge and skills through theory and practice in adult learning and education to achieve successful careers in adult and vocational education, work-place learning, second chance education with basic skills development, coaching and counselling, community education and community development, educational policy and research, international development and special education needs.
Through this Adult Education (Andragogy) program from University of Pécs, participants will collect valuable knowledge and quality skills to work effectively with adults either on formal or in non-formal structures or, additionally, to work in policy or providing services for adult learners at institutions or organisations of adult education at local/regional, national or international levels.
You will learn about key issues of adult and lifelong learning contemporary societies are facing, such as participation/access, provision, equity, performance, equality, delivery/methodologies, inclusion as well as about education and learning in terms of its sociological, psychological, historical and philosophical aspects.
You will be assisted in building key competences, such as critical thinking, problem solving, conflict management, cooperation, assertive communication, as well as developing an attitude of openness and respect towards people from other cultural backgrounds, an attitude of global mindedness, valuing human dignity and cultural diversity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Environment - History and Politics of Adult Learning and Education (ALE)
- Theories of Adult Learning: Andragogy and Gerontagogy
- Lifelong Guidance
- Learning Cities-Regions and Learning Communities
- 2nd semester
- The Psychology of Adult Learning
- The Role of Law in Adult Education
- Adult Education and the Labour Market
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Deadline Round 1: July 20
- Deadline Round 1: August 10
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Adult Education
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Application fee: EUR 140
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.