The Physics programme from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem represent a fascinating intellectual challenge, training teaching, research and development personnel for whom there is greatest demand in academia and industry.
As a natural science, physics combines laboratory experiments with theoretical research where the main research tools are mathematics and the computer.
In the first years of study the bases of mathematics and physics, experimental and theoretical, are imparted. Later students are exposed to advanced subjects in modern physics.
Each year, about 30 Master students begin their studies in the M.Sc program at the Racah Institute. The purpose of the master's program is to further develop knowledge and skills in physics and to prepare students for a professional career or doctoral studies. The program spans two years during which students take various advance courses and carry out forefront research in the departments of Physics and Applied Physics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program requires completion of 32 points of course credits (8 mandatory credits, 17 mandatory-elective credits, 7 elective credits). This amounts to roughly a semester and a half dedicated to courses. Students have the freedom to spread their course load as they find convenient.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 6 other Masters in Physics in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in physics with an average 85 and above.
- Courses and grades of your B.Sc. (for students who studied outside the Hebrew University).
- A page describing a subject in physics that interests you in particular or a research project in which you were involved.
- Letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4868 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4868 USD per year during 24 months.
National3898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3898 USD per year during 24 months.
- Annual tuition for all other programs – 14,042 NIS
- Annual tuition for Non-Israeli citizens for all other programs - 17,533 NIS
Living costs for Jerusalem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.