Expand the horizons of intelligent systems and develop your skills in the rapidly growing sector of computer science with this part-time, fully online Artificial Intelligence MSc from the University of Liverpool.
The number of industries where artificial intelligence (AI) is utilised continues to grow, as does the demand for technical specialists who are familiar with the theory and practice of building intelligent systems. Our specialist Artificial Intelligence programme will introduce you to the theory and practice of AI programming and development and explores relevant applications of the discipline across a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career after graduation.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will introduce you to the theory and practice of AI programming and development. You will explore the relevant applications of the discipline and how to practically apply them to a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career.
Through this programme, you will:
- Develop specialist skills in a rapidly growing sector of computer science. The programme will explore the theory and practice of AI programming and development, as well as relevant applications of AI across a range of industries.
- Prepare for a career working with intelligent systems. You will graduate from the programme ready to take up rewarding careers in the design and leadership of the development of AI systems. The practical skills you will develop have immediate application within the workplace.
- Access our online development environment to practice and refine your new skills. Throughout your programme, you will be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies and have access to industry-standard solutions, available to you as cloud services, open-source software, or commercials technology; all included within your tuition fee.
Learn from industry experts.
This programme is delivered by the Department of Computer Science, who are known worldwide for their excellence in artificial intelligence research and have been at the forefront of key developments in computer science since 1983. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework rated 97% of the department’s research as being world-leading or internationally excellent, the highest proportion of any Computer Science department in the UK.
Enhance your career opportunities.
The demand for professionals with knowledge of AI far outstrips supply, and our graduates will be able to succeed in demanding roles within a range of sectors, including interdisciplinary opportunities by coupling advanced knowledge of AI with the solid foundation in computer science from their first degree. Potential job titles include data scientist, AI developer, AI consultant, machine learning engineer, research scientist and information strategy manager.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme or contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This 100% online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessments are exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 105 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants should have either:
- A degree in computer science or a closely related subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years relevant IT professional experience; or
- Professional work experience in IT or related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Regional Scholarships of up to 15% are available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.