The curriculum of the general medicine course in Pécs is designed to form a foundation upon which the future physician can build his or her medical knowledge in a continuously evolving profession.
The General Medicine programme from University of Pécs consists of six years of pre-clinical and clinical studies (ten semesters and one year of clinical rotations). The curriculum is drawn up in the belief that direct experience with patients, either at the bedside or in the operating theatre, is fundamental to a sound medical education. In the first or basic module, the students become familiar with the structure and functions of the healthy human body.
In the second, Preclinical module, the formation and features of the pathological processes are studied and the students become acquainted with the basic patient examination skills. In the Clinical module, the specific diseases are taught and the diagnostic and therapeutical skills of the students will be developed. Most of these studies are practical in nature, spent mostly in the wards. Clinical rotation is a full practical year in wards. The students carry out mostly medical activity under the control of the teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Technology
- Medical chemistry
- Cell biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 8 other Masters in Human Medicine in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You need to
- have a high school diploma/official transcript of grades from secondary school (or a provisional certificate proving that you are going to graduate in the application period, therefore you will be able to submit it only later on, until the time of enrolment at the latest) with the best possible grades in Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- have B2 level/upper intermediate English knowledge (no language examination certificate is needed)
- pass a complex (oral and written) entrance exam (online exams or Skype interviews are not possible)
- have eligibility for higher education studies in home country
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16750 USD per year during 72 months.
EU/EEA16750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16750 USD per year during 72 months.
- Application fee: USD 200
- Registration fee: USD 250
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.