The Hydrogeology programme from University of Birmingham provides students with a comprehensive education in the fundamentals of groundwater science and engineering, together with considerable industry involvement, thus equipping graduates with the skills to tackle any groundwater problem they may be faced with, anywhere in the world.
Why study this course?
The aims of our Hydrogeology MSc Course are to provide students with
- a comprehensive education in the fundamentals of groundwater science and engineering
- considerable practical experience
- such that, on graduation, they are able to tackle any groundwater problem that they may be faced with, no matter what the context - water resources, eco-environment, contamination, engineering, waste disposal, or geoenergy – or geographical location.
- Employment Record of the Course and Destinations of Graduates
- Research Organisations
- Water Providers
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeology Hydrology & Water Management View 73 other Masters in Geology in United Kingdom
A 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject is normally required, but we will consider alternative qualifications and experience.
- Hydrogeology encompasses a broad range of subject matter, from geology, through hydraulics, to aqueous and non-aqueous chemistry. As a result, practicing hydrogeologists have a wide range of backgrounds, and hence we welcome applicants with a wide range of first degree subjects, including geosciences (e.g. Earth Sciences, Geology, Geophysics, Geography, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Water Resources, and Mining), Engineering (e.g. Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Groundwater Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, and Chemical Engineering), and other sciences (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Biosciences).
International25740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25740 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9810 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9810 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.