Besides the option to study in English, a key feature is that it is mandatory to spend at least one semester, typically the third, at a foreign university, ensuring genuine internationality.
The module handbook contains details on all mathematics courses offered by the Institute of Mathematics towards the International Master in Mathematical Analysis and Modelling, some only occasionally. Courses for the current semester can be found in the course catalogue.
Optionally, if the foreign semester is spent at one of the partner universities
- Université de Rouen Normandie (France),
- Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II (Italia),
- Universidad de Sevilla (España),
- Tomsk State University (Russia),
a double master degree can be obtained.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Mathematical Modelling
- Partial Differential Equations and Calculus of Variations
- Dynamical Systems
- Numerical Analysis of Partial Differential Equations
- Numerics of Business Mathematics
- Control Theory and Model Reduction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Natural Sciences View 17 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- informal letter of application (letter of motivation in German or English)
- curriculum vitae
- Bachelor's or comparable university degree certificate (if the diploma cannot be presented by the application deadline, a Transcript of Records must be submitted, certifying that the candidate has passed the exams to date)
- APS certificate for certificates from China, Mongolia, Vietnam
- notice from the Certificate Recognition Office, if available; absolutely necessary for International Baccalaureate without final certificate
- proof of language and specialist language skills in the German language at A2 GER level and in English at C1 GER level, such as TOEFL or similar. (if these documents cannot be submitted by the application deadline, language proficiency will be assessed during the interview)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Augsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.