In this Master of Psychology in Educational Psychology programme from the University of Malta , you will have 9 hours of supervised field placement per week throughout the course to develop the professional values, ethics, attitudes and skills to address the various needs of children through individual, group, system, and society level strategies.
You are also provided with training in research including the submission of a dissertation. The Master of Psychology in Educational Psychology programme is the only route in Malta through which, when followed by two years of supervised practice, you can obtain a warrant to practice as an Educational Psychologist.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
You can work as a warranted Educational Psychologist in schools and other education, mental health and community settings, after acquiring the Master of Psychology in Educational Psychology degree, followed by two years of supervised practice. Educational psychologists often work with children and families at risk, children and young people with developmental, learning difficulties and disabilities, including socio-emotional, behavioural and academic challenges arising from individual as well as contextual factors. The Master of Psychology in Educational Psychology also provides access to doctoral programmes in psychology both locally and overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Family Therapy and Systemic Practice
- Research Methods
- Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents
- Core Placement Educational Psychology - Children and Adolescents
- Psychological Assessment of Children - Educational Focus
- Human Development, Learning and Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 15 other Masters in Psychology in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants who are proficient in the Maltese Language and who are in possession of the following qualifications:
- a Bachelor degree in Psychology with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division), or an equivalent qualification from this or another university or
- a Bachelor degree in Psychology with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division), together with a Master’s degree in Psychology-related areas from this or another University or
- a Bachelor degree in Psychology or a Bachelor degree with Psychology as a main area of study, in both cases obtained with at least Category IIA or another degree in a related area deemed relevant by the Board of Studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total Tuition Fees: Eur 21,600
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 - Yr 2: Eur 10,800
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.