The M.Eng. degree Programmes, are a second tier qualification which, taken together with the preceding complementary programmes, comprising the 1-year Diploma in Design Foundation Studies and the 3-year B.Sc. (Hons) in Built Environment Studies, provide the training that fulfills the academic requirements for the profession of Civil/Structural Engineer.
The 1+3+2course structure conforms to the Bologna Process. The complementary programmes, taken as a whole, but also, in particular, the 2-year Master degree Programmes, are informed by the requirements of Europe-wide engineering associations, so as to facilitate accreditation, for example for the title of European Engineer (Eur.Ing).
The Engineering (Civil Engineering) course from University of Malta is designed to have at least 50% of its content covering engineering subjects, at least 20% covering basic sciences, (including mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics etc.), and at least 10% of the course covering non-technical subjects, (including management, and environment).
The Programmes are intended to allow successful candidates to attain:
- an understanding of the engineering profession, and of the engineer's responsibility to colleagues, to employers or clients, to the community and to the environment;
- a knowledge and understanding of the principles of engineering, based on science and mathematics, appropriate to civil/structural engineering;
- a general knowledge of good engineering practice, in the field of civil/structural engineering, and the properties, behaviour, fabrication and use of materials and components;
- a familiarity with the tools of the new technologies and an ability to handle technical information and statistics;
- an ability to develop and use theoretical models from which the behaviour of the physical world can be predicted;
- a capacity to exercise independent technical judgement through scientific analysis and logical thought;
- an ability to work on multi-disciplinary projects;
- a knowledge of industrial relations and the principles of management, taking into account technical, financial and human considerations;
- an ability to apply the principles of good design in the interest of ease of manufacture and maintenance, and quality, at economical cost;
- an active appreciation of the progress of technical change and of the continuing need not to rely solely on established practice but to cultivate an attitude of innovation and creativity in the exercise of the profession of civil/structural engineering.
- an ability to assess conflicting and multifarious factors (e.g. cost, quality and time-scale) both in the short and long terms and to find the best engineering solution;
- an ability to provide for environmental considerations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Geotechnical Engineering
- Advanced Structural Design
- Sustainable Resource Management
- Transport Engineering
- Research Methods and Tools
- Engineering Materials
- Civil Engineering Structures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 10 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a first cycle degree in Built Environment Studies from this University, with at least at Second Class (Honours) or
- a qualification deemed by Senate, on the recommendation of the Board, to be comparable to the qualification listed above. The admission of applicants under this paragraph may be made conditional on the results of an assessment as the Board may deem appropriate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total Tuition Fees: Eur 26,800
- Yr 1: Eur 13,400 - Yr 2: Eur 13,400
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.