The M.Arch degree Programmes, are a second tier qualification which, together with the preceding complementary programmes comprising the 1-year Diploma in Design Foundation Studies and the 3-year B.Sc. (Hons) in Built Environment Studies, provide the training that fulfills the academic requirements for the profession of Architect. The 1+3+2 course structure conforms to the Bologna Process.
The Architecture (Architecture and Urban Design) course from University of Malta maintains a balance between theoretical knowledge, in subjects relevant to architecture, and practical architectural design workshops, culminating in the synoptic Final Project.
Each M.Arch. Programme is intended to allow successful candidates to attain:
- an ability to create architectural designs that satisfy both aesthetic and technical requirements;
- an adequate knowledge of the history and theories of architecture and the related arts, technologies and human sciences;
- a knowledge of the fine arts as an influence on the quality of architectural design;
- an adequate knowledge of urban design, planning and the skills involved in the planning process;
- an understanding of the relationship between people and buildings, and between buildings and their environment, and of the need to relate buildings and the spaces between them to human needs and scale;
- an understanding of the profession of architecture and the role of the architect in society, in particular in preparing briefs that take account of social factors;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Architectural Discourse
- Understanding Interior Space
- Pre-Contract Management Systems
- Principles and Politics of Urban Design
- Sustainable Urban Design and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 3 other Masters in Architecture in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a first cycle degree in Built Environment Studies from this University, with at least at Second Class (Honours) or
- a qualification deemed by Senate, on the recommendation of the Board, to be comparable to the qualification listed in paragraph (a). The admission of applicants under this paragraph may be made conditional on the results of an assessment as the Board may deem appropriate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total Tuition Fees: Eur 26,800
- Yr 1: Eur 13,400 - Yr 2: Eur 13,400
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.