The central focal point of the programme in Fine Arts from University of Malta includes studio-based artistic practice across main fine art media. During practical sessions each student is allocated a corresponding space. This is to be done in such a manner as to allow creative flexibility and to encourage resourceful and productive relations between students.
Group critiques sessions, individual and collective tutorials are organised within the existing possibilities and parameters. Visitors, including academics, artists, painters, and practitioners from various spheres are invited to the programme sessions.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
Graduates of the programme will be geared for the exciting diversity of the creativity market. The range of career opportunities is wide and varied, especially when considering that the creative sector is internationally held to be one of the fastest growing niche sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Drawing and Painting Workshop
- Research Methods in Art and Design
- Art and Critical Theory
- Communication and Community
- Art Categories and Modern/Contemporary Art
- Research and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Fine Arts
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in the same or in a closely related area of study as the area of study applied for,
- provided that applicants in possession of the Degree with Third Class Honours shall satisfy the Board that they are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following the first cycle degree or
- the degree of Bachelor of Arts in the same or in a closely related area of study as that applied for, with an average mark of not less than 65% in that area or
- a degree from this or from another university which the Board considers as comparable to any of the degrees indicated in paragraphs above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.