During Video Game Music and Audio programme of ThinkSpace Education, you will cover the skills taught in both our Composing for Video Games and Sound Design for Video Games degree courses.
Through linear music, to fully interactive sound design and scores, this course covers every aspect of the video game audio world. This course will prepare you if you want to build a career anywhere in the game audio industry, giving you the creative and technical skills you need to thrive.
On this course, you will learn:
- To create game sound and music both from your own recordings and sourced from commercial libraries.
- How to use FMOD to implement your music and sound design interactively in fully functional Unity games, many specially licenced for the course, including commercial releases.
- Composition genres for a wide variety of different games from mobile puzzle games through to action and racing.
- The business skills needed to help you produce a winning portfolio that will help you into a new career.
- How to use inexpensive and readily available field recording equipment to produce atmos, spot-effects and Foley.
- Different ways of creating an interactive strategy to allow the score to respond seamlessly to the game play.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Game Audio Technology
- Game Music and Audio
- Sound and The Moving Image
- Adaptive Music
- Interactive Audio
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Your main application must be in by the 1st of the month before your start date. Any supporting portfolio and documentation can be handed in 2 weeks later.
DisciplinesMusic Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 54 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any subject. A limited number of places are available for non-degree holders (see the ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ section). We assume that completion of an undergraduate degree shows the applicant has the required level of academic ability to complete the course. Where applicants have been out of education for some time or come from a very different discipline, we can provide additional support through one to one tutorials during their course.
International9975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National9975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.