- Personal 1-to-1 tuition from top professional composers
- Live solo sessions” Hear some of the world’s best session players perform your music and give you personal feedback
- Regular online workshops and tutorial groups, online discussions and exclusive webinars
- Hear your composition brought to life with a live session performed by a professional 50-piece session orchestra.
- Electives in Pro Tools for film composers, advanced Sibelius and many other choices.
- Personal 1-to-1 tuition from top professional composers and game audio directors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research And Critical Reflection
- Elective 1*
- Session Preparation
- Writing For Strings And Woodwind
- Writing For Brass, Harp And Percussion
- Scoring For Full Orchestra
- Game Audio Technology
- Foundations Of Game Music And Audio
- Adaptive Music 1
- Adaptive Music 2
- Advanced Game Music 1
- Elective 2*
- Final Major Project
For Elective 1, students can pick one of the following:
- Sampling Technology
- Advanced Sibelius
- Cinematic Sound Design
- Music Editing
- Pro Tools
- Work And Money
- Composing: Telling Stories
For Elective 2, students can pick another option from Elective 1, or have the option of studying Advanced Game Music 2 as an extension of their previous module.
This course is aimed at those looking to build a career in composition and orchestration for games. The course will also prepare to work in other types of media music. Our courses are career focused, so you can expect to be tackling tasks that an orchestrator or composer would expect to face in their working life. A student should have an understanding of the skills needed before joining the course, and already be comfortable in their software of choice.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Your main application must be in by the 1st of the month before your start date. Any supporting portfolio and documentation can be handed in 2 weeks later.
Credits are acquired through 12 taught modules of 7.5 ECTS per module, as well as a Final Major Project or Dissertation of 30 Credits.
- Fully structured
- No Attendance, Regular optional meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesMusic Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 12 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree to be accepted onto the course.
You will need a computer, software and ancillary equipment (MIDI keyboard, monitors, hard drives both internal and external), Mac or PC, capable of producing professional quality music and audio, and recording equipment.
A full list of equipment requirements can be found on our website.
National7125 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Course: £14,250 / $20,950 / €18,950Fees can be paid as one upfront cost, or as instalments spread monthly across the duration of the course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.