During this Video Game Composition & Orchestration programme of ThinkSpace Education, you will cover the skills taught in both our Composing for Video Games and Orchestration for Films, Games, and Television degree courses.
Video Game Composition and Orchestration is an advanced degree that prepares you to write technically demanding, interactive music that you will learn to implement in the game using industry standard middleware such as FMOD and Wwise. You will learn to realise your scores as both professional grade sampled mock-ups and prepare them for live orchestra. You will learn to write for live players, prepare scores for a variety of applications and correctly manage Pro Tools sessions.
On this course, you will learn:
- How to work in an adaptive and interactive genre, tackling challenges unique to video games.
- To orchestrate awe-inspiring live and sampled orchestral game music.
- To produce professional-quality scores using Sibelius or Finale and record-ready Pro Tools sessions.
- What the market expects, what producers and directors are buying right now, and how to deliver market-focused music.
- About each section of the orchestra, taught by some of the world’s top film music session players.
- How to use FMOD to implement your music and sound design interactively in fully functional Unity games, many specially licenced for the course, including commercial releases.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Game Audio Technology
- Writing For Strings And Woodwind
- Foundations of Game Music and Audio
- Writing for Brass, Harp and Percussion
- Advanced Game Music
- Scoring for Full Orchestra
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 11 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any subject. A limited number of places are available for non-degree holders (see the ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ section). We assume that completion of an undergraduate degree shows the applicant has the required level of academic ability to complete the course. Where applicants have been out of education for some time or come from a very different discipline, we can provide additional support through one to one tutorials during their course.
International10475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National10475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.