The Visual and Media Anthropology M.A. at the HMKW University for Media, Communication and Business is conducted online by a diverse team with over a decade of online teaching experience. Distance Learning is offered via LMS Canvas through live-streams of classes, presentations and discussions. Additionally, two optional in-house workshops are offered. Students must assume additional (travel, room) costs arising from in-house workshops (not mandatory) and fieldwork periods. The program was one of the winners of the Best Practice in Online Teaching by CEDIS Center for Digital Systems Freie Universität Berlin.
Students will become the leading voices in the fields of digital anthropology for science, TV broadcasts, museums, cultural institutions, film festivals, galleries, online media platforms and governmental and non-governmental organizations involved in the production of audio-visual media for the representation of indigenous, national and transnational culture.
- Digital media
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- film broadcast & online video industry
- museum and art industries
- governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Visual Anthropology
- Media Anthropology
- Basics and Varieties of Ethnographic Film Production
- Applied Visual & Media Anthropology
- Film- or Media Project
- Supervision Courses
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A good degree (university or university of applied sciences)
- Proficiency in English (fluent in both written and spoken) is a must
- 1-year professional experience after the BA
- Participants should have basic technical skills in film, video or photography
- Participants must have adequate electronic equipment in order to deal with various multimedia materials; high-speed Internet access, a fast computer and a personal email account are compulsory. Possession of a basic digital camera and editing software is mandatory.
- All applicants are submitted to an internal assessment process prior to acceptance
International8040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16080 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA8040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16080 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.