Students on Orchestration for Films, Games, and TV programme of ThinkSpace Education go on to work as a film and games composer, composer’s assistant, additional music composer, orchestrator or copyist.
If you are already a working composer, this course opens up a wider range of work involving live orchestra and professional grade sampled mock-ups. If you’re looking to start a career, then by graduation you will be ready to tackle real-world composition projects involving both sampled and live orchestra.
On this course, you will learn:
- To create and orchestrate awe-inspiring live and sampled orchestral film and games music.
- Contemporary commercial standard practice where the emphasis is always on speed and efficiency.
- How to work with sampled instruments, technical skills involving creating and balancing your template, instrument placement, use of reverb, and using controllers to enhance realism and orchestral mixing.
- How to produce professional-quality scores using Sibelius or Finale and record-ready Pro Tools sessions.
- To write to picture using live and sampled orchestral resources. Your optional film scoring assignments will be drawn from real-world film and video game projects.
- How to arrange for different sized orchestral ensembles.
- The research and critical thinking skills to help you put media music in context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Writing for Strings
- Writing for Woodwind
- Writing for Brass, Harp and Percussion
- Sampling Technology
- Orchestration in Practice
- Scoring For Full Orchestra
- 12 months
- 24 months
- 15 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 16 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any subject. A limited number of places are available for non-degree holders (see the ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ section). We assume that completion of an undergraduate degree shows the applicant has the required level of academic ability to complete the course. Where applicants have been out of education for some time or come from a very different discipline, we can provide additional support through one to one tutorials during their course.
International13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13650 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13650 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.