Students on this degree programme examine both the causes of conflicts and a broad range of contemporary security challenges, such as terrorism, civil war and conflict, mass migration, energy supply security, cyber security and new technologies, and transnational and serious organised crime. Students will also explore the intelligence and strategic approaches used by governmental and non-governmental actors to combat these threats.
The International Master Security, Intelligence and Strategic Studies programme from University of Trento adopts a unique approach to the study of security by combining theoretical, applied and empirical knowledge and skill sets. Students will have the opportunity to meet with and work alongside a range of academics and researchers from international partner universities and think tanks from around the world, as well as practitioner experts from governmental and industry security and defence sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International security & strategic studies
- Intelligence analysis & policy making
- European and International Security Studies
- Research design and methodology
- Strategy Applied
- Strategy Theory
- Comparative Approaches to Warfare and Violent Conflict
- Research Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 10 January, Scholarship Application
- 1 April, Programme Application
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security Artificial Intelligence View 7 other Masters in IT Security in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject, such as, but not limited to politics, international relations, history, area and cultural studies, law, sociology, criminology, human geography, computing science, language sciences, global studies, media studies and journalism, modern languages or business
International16141 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16141 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU: € 8.100/year
- Non-EU: €16.141/year
Living costs for Trento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.