Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) from University of Göttingen consists of a first year at one of three institutions (Bangor, Copenhagen, Goettingen) and a specialising second year at one of the four other institutions.The students are required to spend the second year at a different university than their first year. In the second year, you can specialise in one of the following topics
Students at Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) from University of Göttingen will:
- gain a thorough and broad introduction to sustainable forest and nature management.
- gain knowledge in the challenge of management of forests and nature areas in an integrated landscape context.
- Conservation and land management
- Economic management of forests and nature
- Forest and Nature Management in a Changing Climate
- Scandinavian and East European forestry
- Mountain forestry and watershed management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Forestry Ecology View 32 other Masters in Ecology in Germany
- A good Bachelor degree in Forestry, Biology or related fields,
- Personal statement of motivation,
- Recommendations from two references
- Academic excellence assessed by the applicant's average grade points achieved in the qualifying Bachelor's degree.
- Relevant work experience within sustainable forest and nature management.
- Proof of language proficiency required for the degree programme
- Statutory declaration (Eidesstattliche Versicherung)
International618 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 309 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA618 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 309 EUR per semester during 24 months.
The semester fees comprise administration fees, student body fees and a Studentenwerk fee.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.