Besides the lectures and seminars much attention is paid to attracting students to the research of scientific groups working in promising areas of modern physics: plasma physics theory, plasma modeling (using parallel computing at the Polytechnic supercomputer center), plasma physics diagnostics, and additional heating in tokamaks.
Key Points of the Advances and Applications in Plasma Physics program from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU)
- basic background and research experience in the top of modern physics
- potential to R&D in a variety of fields
- excellent analytical methods, problem solving skills, numerical modeling experience
- communication and study skills: ability to manage their own learning and to make use of primary research sources and reviews
- transferable skills necessary for employment: initiative, decision making and ability to undertake further professional training
After completing the master’s program, students will have the skills necessary for a successful career as a physics researcher, whether in industry, in scientific organizations, or elsewhere.
Our graduates have the potential to work in a wide variety of fields: from modeling physical processes in plasma systems to developing new devices and performing research on them.
- Numerical codes in plasma physics
- Plasma electrodynamics
- Scientific physics workshop
- Physics of edge plasma
- Elective Courses
- Students’ R&D
- Professor Vladimir A. Rozhansky
- Professor Vladimir Yu. Sergeev
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- August 01 – for applicants from countries with visa regime
- August 20 – for applicants from visa-free countries
DisciplinesPhysics View 25 other Masters in Physics in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor in Physics, Engineering, Applied Physics, Computational Physics.
- English language proficiency B+ level.
- Basic knowledge of Electrodynamics and Statistical physics is required.
- Entrance examination.
- Interview with the program coordinator.
International4948 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4948 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4948 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4948 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 367 800 Rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.