The concept of the German „Energiewende“ – literally, energy transition – has gained international attention. It includes a variety of measures that aim at making Europe’s largest economy free of fossil fuels and nuclear energy. In order to attain this, all areas of energy production and consumption will have to go through a transition process. Besides mobility and industry, buildings are therefore one of the key factors for a successful Energiewende.
The Building Sustainability – Management Methods for Energy Efficiency program from TU Berlin comprises skills, methods, and concepts to consider different approaches, to understand them, and to align them for reaching sustainable solutions. Such competences are indispensable in every building, construction and real estate project that takes energy efficiency and other sustainability criteria as balancing economic, social, ecological and cultural aspects in responsibility for future generations into account.In this regard, students will learn a lot from experts and from each other and hopefully enjoy the international, interdisciplinary teamwork as well as Berlin’s urban and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lecture series
- Interdisciplinary Project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page A4)
- Tabular Curriculum Vitae with information about educational and professional background
- University degree(s) recognized by German universities (at least 210 ECTS)
- Proof of working experience of at least one year (preferably in the relevant working areas of energy) after completion of studies
- Proof of knowledge of the English language at level B2 (or higher) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – not required for high school graduation with English language
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – only if available
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
The tuition fees for the master program amount to 15,000 Euro
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.