The M.Sc. courses are designed to impart advanced knowledge in a field of preference – either geophysics or meteorology.
The Physics of the Earth and Atmosphere program from University of Cologne allows you to acquire the advanced skills and in-depth understanding for your future career as a geophysicist and/or a meteorologist. In addition to exposure to the state of the art geophysics and meteorology, you will learn how to think and work independently and thoroughly in science.
In addition you will learn methods which enable you to obtain the greatest amount of information about the state on the state of the atmosphere or the earth from a limited number of measurements. These ‘inverse methods’ are used in many areas of the natural, as well as social, sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geophysics of the solar system
- Space Physics
- Geophysics - Advanced field course
- Electrical and electromagnetic methods of Applied Geophysics
- Physics of the Atmosphere
- Physical Climatology
- Radiation, Clouds and Precipitation
- Meteorology – Advanced field course
- Dynamics of the Atmosphere
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letter of application in which you state your personal motivation for wanting to undertake this degree program (in English)
- BSc certificate (original, and certified English translation if the original language is not English or German)
- Transcript of Records of your BSc (original, and certified English translation if the original language is not English or German)
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Certificate of proficiency in English (TOEFL IBT preferred, or IELTS or simular). This requirement may be relinquished under certain conditions, e.g. if English is an official language in your home country. Please contact us beforehand if you intend not to submit this document.
- Proof of other qualifications (e.g. work experience, periods of time abroad, internships) (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The UoC does not charge any tuition fees. However a semester fee has to be paid each semester/6 months and amounts to 279,65 €.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.