Students document with their Master thesis the realisation, written documentation and finally the presentation of an independent scientific work. This qualification will be recognized in the professional world as a proof of the graduate's ability of working independently.
The Chemistry programme from University of Cologne offers four areas of specialization: Nanochemistry & Functional Materials, Catalysis & Synthesis, Photonics & Photochemistry, Bioorganic & Biological Chemistry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 3 advanced and 3 experimental modules to be selected from inorganic, organic, physical, theoretical and biochemistry
- 3 project modules, one of them incl. a research proposal (max one non-chemical modul): chemical: inorganic, organic, physical, theoretical (quantum) chemistry, biochemistry, technical, nuclear, and/or macromolecular chemistry non-chemical: physics, crystallography, mineralogy, genetics, computer sciences,pharmacology and toxicology, physiological chemistry
- 1 supplementary module
- Master thesis (6 months)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Motivation
- School leaving certificate (or an equivalent degree of qualification for access to German universities)
- Bachelor-degree (or an equivalent university degree). A German Bachelor degree can be handed in later.
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of English language skills
- Candidates have to prove at least 12 credit points in the following areas:
a) Inorganic Chemistry
b) Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
c) Physical and Theoretical Chemistry and in total at least 60 credit points.
- internal application form (please fill in online, print and sign)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The UoC does not charge any tuition fees. However a semester fee has to be paid each semester/6 months and amounts to 279,65 €.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.