This MA in Dance and Choreography from the University of Derby is a fantastic opportunity for Dance Artists to further their practice and be at the forefront of sector development. The MA is designed to guide and nurture those with a keen interest and skill in choreographing, providing a space in which you can push your creative boundaries and generate new and innovative work. Artists will have the opportunity to tap into regional, national and international networks and have access to an exceptional body of infrastructure and resources. Key areas that will be covered include:
- Narrative Development and Dramaturgy – the outside eye
- Role/involvement of the audience in a work (the fourth wall and when/how/what happens when you break it)
- The unique challenges of making work for indoor and outdoor contexts
- Funding landscape and opportunities
Students who complete this programme will be able to produce their own work which is ground breaking in the crossing over of Dance and Contemporary Circus.
You will be pioneers in this field and it is therefore anticipated that you will either have your own companies or undertake commissions for work from other parties.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- The Artist as an Entrepreneur
- Major Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Music Theatre & Dance View 241 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should normally hold a first degree and have a minimum of three years relevant professional experience.
- Equivalent experience and achievement will be taken into account for applicants with less formal qualifications. Evidence of equivalence of knowledge, understanding and skills appropriate to a first degree are required.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is used both to provide evidence of equivalence for entry and as evidence of advanced standing for entry. Applicants can be awarded up to a maximum of 80 RPL credits on proof of articulation with the programme content.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK part-time and full-time fees: £800 per 20 credits
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.