Engineers and natural scientists in water resources and environmental management are qualified to search for responses to worldwide problems of increasing water scarcity, flood risks and environmental pollution. Graduates work together with colleagues in several special fields. The job is multidisciplinary, interesting and globally needed.
- Students in the Water Resources and Environmental Management programme from Leibniz University Hannover obtain interdisciplinary knowledge and key qualifications in the field of sustainable water resources management. Graduates are prepared to take responsible positions e.g. in research and higher environmental administration.
- Quality and availability of water are more and more threatened by societal and environmental change. There is a growing demand for experts in water related subjects, which offers great job opportunities in the developing countries above all.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first semester students obtain knowledge of basics in natural sciences, environmental hydraulics, hydrology and water resources management.
- Afterwards one of the two special fields, Water Resources Management or Sanitary Engineering, has to be elected for the second and third semester.
- These scientific courses are accompanied by courses, which aim at the development and improvement of soft skills required for successful scientific work. In the fourth semester students complete the master thesis under supervision.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management View 16 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- University entrance qualification (e.g. high school diploma)
- A university entrance qualification is not required if you are currently studying at Leibniz University Hannover.
- Bachelor's degree certificate (if it already exists).
- Complete and up-to-date transcript of records from previous studies with details on the credit points and the average grad.
- A curriculum vitae
- A CV is not required if you are currently studying at the LUH.
- Proof of language skills
- For applicants from China and Vietnam (except Macau and Hong Kong): APS
- Possibly further programme-specific documents. All further documents that may be required will be listed at the end of the online application.
International868 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 434 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA868 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 434 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Semester fee of €434.19 for summer semester 2021
Living costs for Hannover
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.