Professional Media Composition programme of ThinkSpace Education delivers the creative, technical and business skills to help you succeed. Taught exclusively by working professionals, the course draws its knowledge directly from the industry so students can be sure they are learning exactly what it takes to make a living in the current market.
Through studying the creative aspects of composition, the software skills, and the specifics of the music business, you will be fully prepared to start, or further, your career as a working composer.
On this course, you will learn:
- How to write in a wide variety of styles using different compositional techniques.
- To produce professional quality mock-ups and demos.
- To develop a voice of your own so you can stand out from the crowd.
- The importance of market research, what producers and directors are buying right now, and how to deliver market-focused music.
- The technical aspects of writing to picture, spotting a film, and working with hit points and markers.
- Music editing, an important skill for composers both in terms of boosting productivity and also for opening new avenues of work.
- The research and critical thinking skills to help you put media music in context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Writing in Styles
- Music Editing
- Research and Critical Reflection
- Writing to a Brief
- Writing to Picture
- Scoring Drama
- 12 months
- 24 months
- 15 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Your main application must be in by the 1st of the month before your start date. Any supporting portfolio and documentation can be handed in 2 weeks later.
DisciplinesMusic Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 16 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any subject. A limited number of places are available for non-degree holders (see the ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ section). We assume that completion of an undergraduate degree shows the applicant has the required level of academic ability to complete the course. Where applicants have been out of education for some time or come from a very different discipline, we can provide additional support through one to one tutorials during their course.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.