The Teaching program of University of Toronto offers students a unique educational opportunity, which combines teacher qualification with advanced study of educational theory and an opportunity to conduct research. The program provides students with a strong grounding in curriculum; human development; ethics and educational law; equity diversity and inclusion; Indigenous education; educational technology; instructional planning; instructional design; and learning theory. Students enjoy four practice teaching experiences in which they develop their skills as teachers and extend the theoretical and practical knowledge they acquired in the academic portion of the program.
The program includes: formal coursework, teaching and research seminars, practice teaching, and the MT research projects.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Curriculum and Teaching in Literacy
- Educational Professionalism, Ethics, and Law
- Educational Research
- Curriculum and Teaching in English
- Curriculum and Teaching in History
- Curriculum and Teaching in Mathematics
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 19 other Masters in Teaching in Canada
- Applicants must have an appropriate bachelor's degree with the equivalent of a University of Toronto mid-B or better in the final year.
- In their Statement of Intent, applicants should indicate their preferred division (i.e., Primary/Junior, Junior/Intermediate, or Intermediate/Senior) and describe three significant teaching and/or teaching-related experiences that they have had, especially with groups of learners.
- A police record check is required in a practicum setting in both Years 1 and 2 of the program.
International37730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37730 CAD per year and a duration of 20 months.
National10070 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10070 CAD per year and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.