During the Molecular Genetics program of University of Toronto students will be implicated in research projects including DNA repair, recombination and segregation, transcription, RNA splicing and catalysis, regulation of gene expression, signal transduction, interactions of host cells with bacteria and viruses, developmental genetics of simple organisms (worms and fruit flies) as well as complex organisms (mice), molecular neurobiology, molecular immunology, cancer biology and virology, structural biology, and human genetics and gene therapy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Biology: Principles and Practice
- Protein Crystallography
- Topics in Developmental Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Student Seminars in Developmental Biology
- Foundational Genetic Approaches
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Genetics View 68 other Masters in Genetics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally, a BSc or MD degree or equivalent with excellent academic credentials in molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, and/or biochemistry. Applicants trained in other quantitative sciences (math, physics, chemistry, computer science, engineering, etc.) are also strongly encouraged to apply.
International31320 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31320 CAD per year during 36 months.
National10550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10550 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.